Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Daylight Saving Time Myths Revealed

Finally, someone is acknowledging that DST is bullshit!

I'm a genius, of course, and I think my proposal has merit.

I have ALWAYS hated changing clocks back an hour in the fall. HATED it. What that means, of course, is that I'm all for lighter later; I actually want DST year-round. This is (not surprisingly) exactly the opposite of what 77 counties' worth of the state of Indiana (and the entire states of Arizona and Hawaii) have "decided" to do. In actuality, we all know they're all stupid and/or lazy and should not be expected to figure out how to change their clocks at all... let alone doing it twice a year.

This is also partly due to the fact that I was blessed with spending the large majority of my summers growing up in the state of Michigan, which is one of the states on the furthest-west edge of the Eastern time zone. Folks on the western edges of time zones have a much deeper appreciation for DST because they get more sun for the minute. For example, in the summer, when it's getting dark at 8:00 in Milwaukee, at our cottage, only a couple hundred miles away, it's 9:00, and the sun is only a tiny bit lower in the sky than where it is in Brewtown. The biggest disadvantage? You end up having to stay up way past your bedtime to catch a decent fireworks display for the Fourth of July -- oh, boo-hoo.

The poor Indiana idiots immediately south of our cottage, meanwhile, are stuck with the 8:00 sunset. Have fun with that, Cletus n' Lurleen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home