Monday, August 22, 2005

"Special," Indeed


Preseason
Packers 7 - Bills 27

Well, at least Brett Favre continues to look good. I just don't want to have to rely on him to be the Packers again this year. (Notice I didn't say I don't think he could do it.)

So, from books I've read, I understand that a football team is made up of an offense, a defense, and something called "special teams." While I've also heard that two out of three ain't bad, all evidence suggests that missing any of these three can royally screw with a football team's chances of succeeding.

Our special teams sucked on Saturday night, and we lost. Not that the offense fared much better without Brett at the helm. And the defense allowed 27 straight points to be scored against them. Let's not just assume that the other team's kicker will always miss every field goal try, hm?

So, accentuating the positive, Favre's numbers so far: 13-of-16 for 132 yards and a TD pass in each of the first two preseason games.

This Friday night's opponent: The World Champion New England Patriots. I'll be sitting in Dad's Ridgeline in the driveway of the cottage next door to ours in Michigan, listening to it -- alone, no doubt -- on XM Radio.

No, I don't think I have a problem... why do you ask?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home