Friday, October 01, 2004

Petulant Bush

I didn't watch the debate last night; I listened to it. I cannot believe how pissed off Bush sounded! He wasn't prepared, and it came across in his voice as clear as day. He stuttered and stammered (nothing new), and stumbled to answer the questions that were put to him, often choosing instead to continually insist that what he does is "hard work." I think he said that ten times throughout the debate... and not because anyone asked him, either! It came across to me like an excuse for why he's been such a shitty president! At one point, after Bush answered a question about his decision to invade Iraq, Kerry just absolutely slammed him, reminding everyone in America that Iraq didn't attack us on September 11th, 2001 -- Osama bin Laden did. Bush's response? "Of course I know Osama bin Laden attacked us! I know that!" All in a perturbed, petulant tone. Sounds real comforting, there, monkeyboy.

My jaw hit my chest a few times during the debate, in "shock and awe" over some of the things that were said. My favorite moment: Jim Lehrer asked Bush about his priorities of going after Saddam Hussein vs. going after bin Laden, and in his response, monkeyboy said, "Of course we're after Saddam Hussein -- I mean bin Laden." LOL!

There is no question in my mind that Kerry "won" this debate, but -- better still -- I think it's more significant that Bush once again displayed for an international audience his total and complete incompetence and an obvious lack of intelligence. He really is just a dumbass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home