Sunday, September 11, 2005

3 and Out


Packers 3 - Lions 17

3?!? WTF is that? That, my friends, is the lowest score we've mustered as a team with Brett Favre at the helm. Ever. That is the first time in almost five straight years that we haven't scored at least one touchdown in a game. That is one tough way to start a season.

Not helping: Shitty officiating. Ahmad Carroll was called for stuff while he was on his way to the bathroom during halftime. But let's just say for the sake of argument that only half of the calls were crap. Even then, that's still over a hlaf-dozen penalties we actually did commit for 50 yards. The officials gave the Lions ten points. We scored three (3?!?). They won by four. Damn.

And since when, by the way, is a ball traveling forward out of a quarterback's hand considered a fumble?! Three words, Triplette: Incomplete forward pass.

Oh, and Walker's injured. It's probably an ACL. He's probably going to be out for a while.

Ask me if I am surprised that our offense did more poorly than our defense in this game, and I'll quote Clark Griswold: "If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be any more surprised than I am right now." We had four three-and-outs in a row in the second half.

I'm getting dyspeptic. I'm stopping.

I hate September 11th.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home