Tuesday, June 27, 2006

OhiObservation

You cannot spit in Columbus without hitting a Wendy's.

You also cannot walk down the street in Columbus unless you are smoking a cigarette.

Oh, and completely unrelated to Ohio, but still an observation: Anthony Clark was hi-friggin'-larious back in the mid-90s when he was the funniest new comedian at the Aspen Comedy Festival -- I remember watching that with my college roommates and we laughed our asses off. Apparently, though, that was his best stuff. Since then, he assaulted us with like, what, six seasons of "Yes, Dear"?! Now he's hosting "Last Comic Standing," and he's, um... just not funny at all. He actually just seems nervous and totally uncomfortable in front of the audience -- his voice is all shaky and cracky. Like he couldn't improv his way out of an empty bookstore. (No, I don't know what that means; I just didn't want to write 'paper bag.') I'm not saying Jay Mohr is the funniest guy on the planet, but he was a good host for that show. Clark blows. Get off my screen, you can't-even-read-off-of-a-TelePrompTer milquetoast hack.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

I used to think he was hilarious. Remember "Nobody gonna give you no chicken?"

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

About a million years ago (1998?)I was working on a play with a girl who was a bartender at the Vic Theatre (where they have the Brew & View)and Anthony Clark did a gig there, and she got really excited because she volunteered to take him out afterward, and she got all hooched up and everything and it turned out it was for naught, that Anthony Clark had a boyfriend. I can't believe as a gay man he supports inane uber-hetero crap like "Yes, Dear". I did really like "Boston Common" though, remember that show? My favorite non sequitur of his was "My name is Antonio Banderas".

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Yes Dear was a piece o' dreck. But Boston Common was sweet, even if the hideous Traylor Howard stank up her scenes.

Isn't his plastic surgery, like, really horrible?

10:57 PM  
Blogger embiggened said...

Yes. Yes, it is.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home