Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering


Packers 0 - Bears 26

This blog is now just over two years old. Nothing much has changed about it, apart from the reduction in the frequency of posts (although I predicted that from the start). I'm pretty sure I'm at a steady readership of three (thanks for reading!). I'd like to have a better blog, but I really don't know how I would go about making it better without spending a significant amount of time and/or money, so I'm afraid you're stuck with this.

It's also September 11th. It's been five years now since the day that changed America. I've been to Ground Zero twice since then, and today I went onto CNN's website for some reason to relive some of the more horrific moments. The '9/11' documentary was on again last night, and I flipped through that once or twice, too. I don't know what it is about that collection of events that draws me to want to put myself back in those moments, as terrible as they were, but in my mind it's just important. I can't explain it, so I'll stop trying.

Speaking of zero... yeah, the Packers got shut out. For the first time in Brett's career. At home. Things just aren't good. If you look back to some of the games I wrote up here, you'll see what I think was the watershed again just about two years ago: The Favre vs. Manning game against the Colts was telling and significant. Since that game in particular, the pit of my stomach has gradually spewed forth worse and worse feelings of doubt and remorse. Yes, we pulled the treepeat that year, but recall that we could only beat the Viqueens twice that season, and we needed to beat them thrice. All the good streaks began ending right around then. The end of the no-scoreless games streak is especially hard to swallow at the moment. That's not just one guy, it's a whole team failing together.

Okay, I'll hop off my doomsday machine. I know we still have some amazing games to look forward to this year, and I hold out hope that our young O-line will gel a bit more throughout the early part of the season and prep us for a run later this fall. To end on a positive note: So far this season we are undefeated in games in which we score points.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home