Friday, September 30, 2005

Finding Serenity

USA Today sucks; I think we can all agree on that. Chris just informed me that they (some stupid chick named PUIG) gave Serenity just two stars. But then, in my Google News search for "usatoday.com serenity" to see it for myself, I also stumbled across this article about how awesome a moviegoing experience seeing Serenity was for one woman and her husband.

There was a great interview with nerd Pied Pipers Joss Whedon and Neil Gaiman in TIME this week. In it, they talk a bit about their krelboyney fan base (of which I am proud to count myself a member). Basically, it's "geeks, unite!" time. Finally, we all have something that we can enjoy together and not be considered losers. I think "Lost" is in the same vein as "Firefly"/Serenity, in fact, in that you have to actually be smart to enjoy it. Of course, even if you're not, both "Firefly" and "Lost" offer something for you, too, and you probably won't be excluded by those of us who do get it. We've all been picked on way too much up 'til now to turn into bullies ourselves.

Well, except for Miss Puig. She's a loser and should be shunned.

Now quit reading this and go see Serenity. I'm on my way now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home